Information por companies
Educational Cooperation Agreements
According to Royal Decree 592/2014, which regulates the external academic practices of university students, for the completion of external internships, universities and, where appropriate, the management entities of internships linked to them, will sign agreements of Educational Cooperation with the collaborating entities.
There are two types of academic practices:
- Extracurriculars: do not appear as subjects to students and there is no follow-up by the University or the Center.
These require a minimum monthly financial aid (450 euros for the case of 25 hours per week, which is the maximum number of hours for students with subjects, being for students only with the Final Project the maximum 35 hours per week) as a scholarship for the student, in addition to the payment of a monthly fee of 50 euros for the management of the COIE.
- Curriculars: are part of the student's academic record (in our case as electives subjects), so it 's necessary to monitor and evaluate the development of the practices by a tutor in the company and a teacher in the School.
In this case there is no minimum amount required as financial aid or scholarship, although we believe that there should be some type of compensation. Nor must be paid a monthly fee for university management. The maximum number of hours is the same as for extracurricular hours.
The management of the agreements is carried out through the COIE website (Center of Orientation and Information for Employment of the UPM).
The procedure requires different phases:
- Initial registration of the collaborating company in the COIE: Framework agreement:
It's necessary to fill in the COIE website different fields (most are mandatory to generate the agreement) and with the email and password provided you can subsequently access the profile.
- Once registered, in 24 hours the company will be validated and the profile is enabled to publish only job offers.
- To offer internships, the company must download from its own profile the framework educational cooperation agreement with the UPM (it already includes the necessary data of the company), print two copies (one for the UPM and another one for the company), sign it and send the two copies by physical mail to the COIE, Paseo de Juan XXIII, 11, 28040 Madrid.
- Once received and signed by the university, one of the copies will be send back, and the profile on the platform will be enabled the possibility of internship offers.
Once enabled the collaborating company, may offer the internship in the corresponding channel (curricular or extracurricular) in accordance with its planning, also having the option of choosing as students only from one School (in this case ETSI Telecommunication Systems, not confuse with ETSI Telecomunicación) or some other schools.
Internships are linked to the academic period and can't start before 1st september nor ends after 31th august.
During the academic year a student can not exceed 900 hours of paid internships, since exceeding this figure it's understood that it would be an employment relationship.
Application and selection of students:
Once published by the company the offer of internship and according to the modality, validated by the COIE or by the Center (curriculars), the students (who have passed more than 50% of the curriculum) can see the offer and request the practice .
The company selects the student who is most interested in those who have requested the practice (or if you ask us we can make a preselection) and the student must accept.
From that moment an annex to the previous framework agreement (individual cooperation agreement) is generated and must be printed (4 copies), signed by the company and the student and send the extracurriculars directly to the COIE for its signature by the vice chancellor and the curriculars to the School for its signature by the academic tutor.
Once signed, the student can begin the internship. In both types it is necessary to register the student in the Social Security, but in the case of the curricular internship there is a bonus of 100% of the cost, and in the case of the extracurricular ones it is a small amount (about 36 €). The student must also make the payment of an insurance (it is a very small amount, 4 €), which covers the civil liability of the practices in the company. In the case of curricular practices, the student must also enroll in the internship course that the Center's Practice Office enables.
Start of practices
Once signed the individual agreement by the company and the student, you can start the practice, while completing the rest of the signatures by the university and enrollment in the subject in the case of curricular practices
Follow-up of practices
In the case of the curricular practices, the assigned professional tutor must issue an intermediate report and a final report on the follow-up of the practices.