Sound and Image Engineering B. Eng.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates, upon completion of the studies, will have the capabilities and skills to
- Will be carrying out professional practice in the field of Sound and Image / Telecommunications Engineering applying acquired knowledge and competences to the design, management and maintenance of products, processes and systems.
- Will implement solutions to engineering problems, using professional arguments based on critical thinking and considering scientific, technical, social, and ethical aspects with professional responsibility.
- Will be valuable members and/or leaders of multidisciplinary teams, communicating oral and written information, conveying ideas and solutions effectively in a national and international environment.
- Will engage in lifelong learning with a high degree of autonomy to attain additional qualifications, to achieve professional growth and to master emerging technologies, tools and methods.
- AUDIO AND VIDEO SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT: analysis, specification, design, devising and maintenance of audio and video systems and equipment. Design, evaluation and use of audio and video processing techniques and tools for signal recording, processing and transmission.
- PRODUCTION AND RECORDING SYSTEMS: carry out projects and designs for audio and video production and recording rooms, and PA systems. Carry out projects and designs of electroacoustic transducers.
- NOISE AND VIBRATION CONTROL. ACOUSTIC ISOLATION: carry out noise and vibration control designs, as well as noise environmental impact characterization. Design of acoustic isolation systems.
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS: project devising, development and management for the design, conception, deployment and operation of Telecommunications networks, services and applications.
ABET Student Outcomes
|a||An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering|
|b||An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data|
|c||An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability|
|d||An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams|
|e||An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems|
|f||An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility|
|g||An ability to communicate effectively|
|h||The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context|
|i||A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning|
|j||A knowledge of contemporary issues|
|k||An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice|
General Student Outcomes
The UPM and Spanish legislation define a series of requirements in order to design an engineering program which are represented as a series of general student outcomes:
|CG_02||Ability to search and select information, develop critical thinking and produce and defend arguments within the area|
|CG_03||Ability to express oneself in oral and written form, and to convey information through documents and public presentations|
|CG_04||Ability to abstract, analyze, and synthesize, and to solve problems|
|CG_05||Ability for teamwork in multidisciplinary environments|
|CG_06||Ability for adaptability, negotiation, conflict resolution and leadership|
|CG_07||Ability to design, manage, and direct projects|
|CG_08||Ability to organize, plan and make decisions|
|CG_09||Ability to analyze and assess the social and environmental impact of technical solutions|
|CG_10||Ability to handle specifications, rules and regulations and to apply them in the practice of the profession.|
|CG_11||Skills for the use of Information and Communication Technologies|
|CG_12||Skills for interpersonal relations and work in a national and international context, with the ability to express in oral and written English|
|CG_13||Learning skills with a high degree of autonomy|
|CG_14||An attitude of Ethics and professional responsibility, as well as respect for human rights and cultural diversity|
Specific Student Outcomes
Specific student outcomes stated by Ministerial Order CIN/352/2009 which must be accomplished by university programs to be compliant with the professional qualifications stated by law for a Technical Telecommunication Engineer (Bachelor).