General information about the Erasmus programme
1. GENERAL RULES
- Full time for undergraduate or postgrade studies: full year, some subjects, Final Degree Project.
- Double-degree studies: with the Hochshule Mannheim (Germany), for the specializations in Telecommunications Systems and Electronic Systems.
- Internships: before or after three months of studies abroad.
Period of the exchange:
- Minimum, three months; maximum, a year.
- From 1st July to 30th September.
- The duration cannot exceed the period signed in the “Bilateral Agreement”.
- Student enrolled at the UPM.
- Student enrolled on the second year at least.
- EU citizen.
- Never in an Erasmus exchange previously.
- Failed subjects cannot be carried out during the exchange.
- Student must be language skilled enough to follow the lectures at the Host Institution. Candidates must do a level language test.
- Other requirements may be needed depending on the agreement and the position.
3. CRITERIA FOR AWARDING
- Language skills.
- Academic records: scores and credits passed.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Appropriate student for the position.
- The provisional list will be published with the reserve and excluded students. Complains shall be presented in five days since the publication (in March).
- The Students Office will contact the admitted students to inform about the award and the following steps (before the 15th April).
- The award will be definitive only when the Host Institution accepts the students and all the procedures are finished.
In a period of 15 days after the publication of the Rector's Resolution, two renunciation forms must be handed in at the SREA.
The unjustified or non-reported renunciations cause led to an exclusion in a future mobility process.
7. FUNDING (2009/10):
- Erasmus grant: 450 €/month (160 EU + 190 Ministry of Education + 100 UPM)
- “Ministry of Education's Scholarships" (“Mobility"): http://www.upm.es/ (July-October).
- Madrid Region's Scholarships: http://www.emes.es/Becasestudiantes/Erasmus/tabid/360/Default.aspx (May).