Magalhães/SMILE for latinoamerican students
Magalhães network is a cooperation programme between European and Latin American universities. It is leaded and coordinated by the UPM. Within the network, there is the SMILE Program (Student Mobility in Latin-America, Caribbean and Europe), which has the purpose of encouraging the student mobility between both sides of the Atlantic.
All the information and forms: http://magalhaes.upm.es/
The students interested in studying at the ETSIST-UPM within the framework of SMILE program, have to send the following documents:
- Application form
- Learning Agreement
- Identity card or passport photocopy
- CV with current photo
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter:
- Areas of interest
- Courses to attend. Topics for the Final Project.
- Dates for the exchange
- Host University
- Spanish language proficiency certificate (at least B1/intermediate level).
Deadlines for applications:
- For full-year or Autumn Semester (starting in September, even semesters): 1 June.
- For Spring Semester (starting in February, odd semesters): 1 December.
- Communications Electronic Engineering B. Eng.
- Telecommunications Systems Engineering B. Eng.
- Sound and Image Engineering B.Eng.
- Telematics Engineering B. Eng.
* All the lectures are given in Spanish. The Spanish language level required is B1.
* Those students who has not the required language level should do the Final Degree Project in English and attend some optional courses.
* All the students can attend the Spanish Language Course Applied to Science and Technology (3 ECTS credits) during the exchange semester.
* The number of courses recommended is four/five (about 20 ECTS credits per semester, Spanish course inclusive). If the student has an appropriate language level, he/she can take five/six courses (30 ECTS credits per semester, Spanish course inclusive).
- Master and Doctorate in Accesible Systems and Services Engineering for the Information Society.
- Master in Acoustics Engineering
* The courses could be taught in English according to student's demand.
* The students can choose any course if they have the previous study required.
A note about academic semesters at UPM:
Autumn semester or first period (September-January).
Spring semester or second period (February-June).
There are resit examinations in July for failed courses in the ordinary examination periods (January and June).