International visiting students
The visiting students are the university students accepted by the UPM in order to attend a part of the study programmes. The exchange students are not visiting.
The studies will be equivalent to a year or to two semesters and they give no right to obtain a UPM's degree.
- Full year or Autumn semester (odd semesters, September-January): June, 1.
- Second/Spring semester (even semesters, February-June): December, 1.
- Learning Agreement.
- Transcript of records.
- Motivation letter (in English or Spanish) with a list of the courses to do at UPM. If the student would like to do the Final Degree Project, he/she needs to propose some topics.
- CV (two pages maximum).
- Spanish language proficiency certificate (if you are from a non-Spanish-speaking country). At least A2/intermediate level.
- Identity card or passport copy.
- Three passport-sized photographs.
This documents will be sent before the application deadline by post to:
Subdirección de Relaciones Externas y Alumnos
ETS Ingeniería y Sistemas de Telecomunicación
Campus Sur UPM
Ctra. Valencia, km.7
E-28031 Madrid - SPAIN
Important documents the accepted students must obtain:
- Study visa:
- Health insurance during the staudy period:
The registration fees will be set by the UPM's Social Council for each year.
- Communications Electronic Engineering B. Eng.
- Telecommunications Systems Engineering B. Eng.
- Sound and Image Engineering B.Eng.
- Telematics Engineering B. Eng.
* All the lectures are given in Spanish. The Spanish language level required is B1.
* Those students who has not the required language level should do the Final Degree Project in English and attend some optional courses.
* All the students can attend the Spanish Language Course Applied to Science and Technology (3 ECTS credits) during the exchange semester.
* The number of courses recommended is four/five (about 20 ECTS credits per semester, inclusive Spanish course). If the student has an appropriate language level, he/she can take five/six courses (30 ECTS credits per semester, inclusive Spanish course).
- Master and Doctorate in Accesible Systems and Services Engineering for the Information Society
- Master in Acoustics Engineering
* The students can choose any course if they have the previous study required.
A note about academic semesters at UPM:
Autumn semester or first period (September-January).
Spring semester or second period (February-June).
There are resit examinations in July for failed courses in the ordinary examination periods (January and June).