Magalhães network is a cooperation programme between European and Latin American universities. It is leaded and coordinated by the UPM. Within the network, there is the SMILE Programme (Student Mobility in Latin-America, Caribbean and Europe), which has the purpose of encouraging the student mobility between both sides of the Atlantic.
This Programme is also known as the "Latin-American Erasmus" and it was started up in the year 2006/2007.
ETSIST has an agreement with the following Universities:
- Argentina: Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires
- Brasil: Universidade do Sao Paulo (Escola Politécnica y Escola de Engenharia de Sao Carlos)
- Chile: Universidad Federico Santa María
- Colombia: Universidad de los Andes (Colombia)
- México: Instituto Politécnico Nacional de México
- República Dominicana: Pontif. Univ. Católica Madre y Maestra
- Panamá: Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá
- Perú: Pontif. Univ. Católica de Perú
- Venezuela: Universidad Simón Bolívar
The amount of the grant is 3.000 euros (only one semester).
All the information and forms on the Network's website.
Requirements for the students:
- To be enrolled at the UPM
- To have attended the first two years
- Non-participating before in SMILE
- Failed subjects at the Sending University cannot be studied during the exchange
- Identity card or passport photocopy
- CV with current photo
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter:
- Areas of interest
- Subjects or Project to carry out
- Dates for the exchange
- Host University
- Language proficiency certificate
Once the student is accepted by both the ETSIST and UPM committees, the student must hand in the official forms:
- Learning Agreement
- Application form
The renunciations must be informed by a written document to the UPM's International Office and to SREI, within a period of 10 days since the publication of the Rector's Resolution.