Linguistic Training for Mobility Students
UPM's Language Programme to Internationalizate (Prolinter)
- All the students who have apply for a mobility exchange must do a level test in February. The score will be a ETSIST's selection criteria.
- From this test the UPM makes an online self-training course which is compulsory for all the students selected by ETSIST.
Languages: German, French, Italian, English and Dutch. The application has to be done for the target language course or for the training tongue course (in the event of non-offered minority language).
- In July the UPM makes some 40 hours intensive language courses (4 hours/day). These courses are very advisable for the mobility students selected by the ETSIST.
Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Czech, Polish and Finn. The application has to be done for the target language course or for the training tongue course (in the event of non-offered minority language).
- TOEIC, Test of English for Internacional Communication, and TFI, Test de Français International
- Intensive coourses in Portuguese Language.
1-12 March. 40 hours.
For students selected for the Itaipú Agreement. 10 more students selected for exchanges to Brasil or Portugal.
- Chinese courses: types:
- intensive (language and culture);
- general (language);
- handwriting workshop.
Erasmus Intensive Language Courses (EILC)
Intensive courses specializing in the minority languages, the less used and the less teached in the European Union and from other Erasmus partner countries: Denmark, Finland, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Turkey...
The courses involve a grant (225 € per student and course) which will be paid once the student has certified the attendance.
If you are interested, you can fill in the form and submit it to SREI, by e-mail (movilidad(at)etsist.upm.es) and printed (Office 6104 - Director's Office), in the following deadlines:
- May: Summer/Autumn courses.
- October: Winter courses.
You can apply for a course in any University which offers them*.
The courses last a month, approximately.
If you are selected, you must submit a certificate of attendance at the UPM's International Office (Av. Ramiro de Maeztu, 7, Ciudad Universitaria. Person in charge: Rosa María Maldonado).
* Partner Universities which offer EILC:
TAMK University of Applied Sciences - Finn (by the University of Tampere, summer)
University of Crete - Greek
Blekinge Institute of Technology - Swedish (summer)
Dalarna University - Swedish (summer)
Högskolan i Borås - Swedish (summer and January)