International mobility for ETSIST students
The ETSIST participates in the following international programmes:
- EU's LLP (Long-Life Learning Programme): student (Erasmus) and staff mobility.
- Double Degree Program with the Hochschule Mannheim.
- Magalhães Network, made up of Latin American/Caribbean and European Universities. The Universidad Politécnica de Madrid coordinates it. Student exchange programme SMILE.
- ATHENS Program. One week courses at European Polytechnics Universities. Two sessions a year: March and November. ParisTech is the coordinator institution.
- Hispano-chinese and Sino-Hispano program. To contribute to the technical and scientific communication with the People's Republic of China.
* Key issues for ETSIST students interested in an Erasmus exchange:
- Students shall be languages skilled (English at least). Linguistics training is getting more important for universities in destination. UPM's recommendations:
- At least B1 English
- At least A2 French, German and Italian
- Students shall apply Erasmus for developing PFC, free elective or optative subjects. It is not recommended to apply for core subjects because of the difficult validation.