Magalhães/SMILE for latinoamerican students
Magalhães network is a cooperation programme between European and Latin American universities. It is leaded and coordinated by the UPM. Within the network, there is the SMILE Program (Student Mobility in Latin-America, Caribbean and Europe), which has the purpose of encouraging the student mobility between both sides of the Atlantic.
All the information and forms: http://magalhaes.upm.es/
The students interested in studying at the ETSIST-UPM within the framework of SMILE program have to apply through the Moveon platform and upload send the following documents:
- Learning Agreement
- Identity card or passport photocopy
- CV with current photo
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter:
- Areas of interest
- Courses to attend. Topics for the Final Project.
- Dates for the exchange
- Host University
- Spanish language proficiency certificate (A2 level) if you are from a non-Spanish-speaking country (please see the "NOTES" below). B2 level certificate in English for attending English-conducted courses. Levels according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Deadlines for applications:
- For full-year or Autumn Semester*: 1 June.
- For Spring Semester*: 1 December.
What can you study?:
These are the study programs offered by our School:
- Communications Electronic Engineering B. Eng.
- Telecommunications Systems Engineering B. Eng.
- Sound and Image Engineering B.Eng.
- Telematics Engineering B. Eng.
- MSc in Acoustical Engineering.
- MSc in Internet of Things.
- MSc in Cybersecurity.
- MSc in Application and Service Development for Mobile Devices.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO CHOOSE THE COURSES:
- If you choose courses taught in Spanish we recommend to get a B1 level on arrival.
- The Final Project (at Bachelor or Master level) can be supervised in English. Please send us a motivation letter to know your areas of interest and we could support you with in the search of a supervisor.
- All the students can do the Spanish Language Course Applied to Science and Technology (3 ECTS credits) during the exchange semester.
*About academic semesters at UPM:
- Autumn semester or first period: September-January.
- Spring semester or second period: February-June.
- There are resit examinations in July for failed courses in the ordinary examination periods (January and June).