International visiting students
The visiting students are the university students accepted by the UPM in order to attend a part of the study programmes. The exchange students are not visiting.
The studies will be equivalent to a year or to two semesters and they give no right to obtain a UPM's degree.
- Full year or Autumn semester (odd semesters, September-January): June, 1.
- Second/Spring semester (even semesters, February-June): December, 1.
- Learning Agreement.
- Identity card or passport copy.
- Transcript of records.
- Motivation letter (in English or Spanish) with a list of the courses to do at UPM. If the student would like to do the Final Degree Project, he/she needs to propose some topics.
- CV (two pages maximum).
- Certificado de conocimiento de español (nivel A2) si procedes de un país cuyo idioma no sea el español (ver "NOTAS" al final). Certificado en B2 de inglés para cursar asignaturas impartidas en inglés. Niveles de acuerdo al Marco Común Europeo de Referencia para las Lenguas (MCER).
This documents will be sent before the application deadline by post to:
movilidad.etsist @ upm.es
Important documents the accepted students must obtain:
- Study visa:
- Health insurance during the staudy period:
The registration fees will be set by the UPM's Social Council for each year.
What can you study?:
These are the study programs offered by our School:
- Communications Electronic Engineering B. Eng.
- Telecommunications Systems Engineering B. Eng.
- Sound and Image Engineering B.Eng.
- Telematics Engineering B. Eng.
- MSc in Acoustical Engineering.
- MSc in Internet of Things.
- MSc in Cybersecurity.
- MSc in Application and Service Development for Mobile Devices.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO CHOOSE THE COURSES:
- If you choose courses taught in Spanish we recommend to get a B1 level on arrival.
- The Final Project (at Bachelor or Master level) can be supervised in English. Please send us a motivation letter to know your areas of interest and we could support you with in the search of a supervisor.
- All the students can do the Spanish Language Course Applied to Science and Technology (3 ECTS credits) during the exchange semester.
A note about academic semesters at UPM:
- Autumn semester or first period (September-January).
- Spring semester or second period (February-June).
- There are resit examinations in July for failed courses in the ordinary examination periods (January and June).