Research groups constitute the backbone of the research activity, development and technological innovation at the Escuela. Their activity is bound to the knowledge areas related to Information and Communication Technologies.
The research activity of the groups becomes apparent in the various research results:
- Research publication on national and international journals.
- Presentations at national and international congresses.
- Participation in workshops.
Likewise, the participation and coordination of public (Ministry, regional administration and EU Commission-funded) research projects is remarkable, as is the signing of collaboration agreements with ITC-related companies.
Currently, faculty members of the ETSIST work, among others, in the following Recognized Research Groups:
- DIEMAG: Electromagnetic Development and Research
- Research in instrumentation and Applied Acoustics (I2A2)
- Photovoltaic Systems
- GRC: Radiocommunications Group
- GIRA: Radio Engineering Group
- GRyS: Next generation Networks and Services Group
- TSIC: Telematic Systems for the Information and Knowledge Society
- Multimedia Applications and Acoustics
- GDEM: Electronic and Microelectronic Design Group
- Optical, electric and magnetic properties of materials and their applications (POEMMA)
- Semiconductors III-V
Full list can be found in the web page of "Observatorio de I+D+i" of the UPM.